Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm a new member, introducing himself with a question, so apologies for that.

We have an English Setter coming to join us this weekend. She was born on 15th April and has her first round of vaccinations and her chip. We have had dogs before (although some years ago), and have also been reading up a lot on the latest ideas and information on how to integrate the puppy happily into her new home. However, there is one important issue that I would appreciate some advice on.

I have to pick up the dog from a place 2.5 hours train journey away, and I have never travelled with a dog, let alone a new puppy, on the train before. I have the carrier ready, and the pee pads and everything. The provider is bringing along some toys and objects that have her security smells on. What should I definitely do to make her journey more comfortable? And what should I definitely not do?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new puppy! You'll probably find that the puppy will sleep most of the time on the train, provided she doesn't have any motion sickness. If she does, you'll want to have supplies for clean up handy. Otherwise, it will likely be an uneventful trip...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts