Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently adopted a new puppy (not my first ever) and we love her. She is a poodle/lab mix we think and she is about 5 1/2 months old. She is wonderful and within one week was leash trained, child friendly, name trained, sits, lays, and is just an overall wonderful puppy. She is fully house broken throughout the day, even if I take a nap she wakes me up to go outside. She never tries to eat her poo outside, even if we spend the whole day out there. However, at night I put her into a small laundry room with a few toys, her blanket, and a bone to keep her happy. At first this worked great, she whined a little in the beginning, but nothing bad. After about a month, she has begun pooping during the night, and usually eating it and throwing it back up. It is everywhere, she walks in it, it's on the walls, she drags her toys into it and has now even started pooping on her blanket and it's all rolled up in the poop. If I leave her out all night with me, she doesn't do this, so I'm sure it's an anxiety issue, but how do I fix it? I stay at home so she is normally with someone. She is only in her room for about six hours at night or less, with no food or water. I make sure to take her out at night before bed and I don't feed her right before either. She gets plenty of play time and daily walks, so I'm not sure what else to do. Any help? I'm tired of cleaning up poop every morning!!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Adjust the feeding times. Dogs usually eliminate 16 hours after a meal....thats how long it takes to digest and process. As puppies age, their metabolism changes so, what worked two months ago may not work now. You'll see another change at 1 year when you switch from puppy food to adult.
The laundry room should be cleaned with an enzyme cleaner that completely destroys any trace of odor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts