Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We took our puppy to the vet today. The vet said the puppy looked nice and healthy, gave him his first set of shots and gave him dewormer. The only thing he said, was that the dogs skin was a little dry. He said we might want to switch dog food, which we may do, but is there anything we can use on him, like creams or something, that will help moisturize his skin? I heard flaxseed oil will help with his coat, how about his skin? I heard of a lotion called K9 KlearUp. Has anyone used it? I know its all natural and works on many different skin problems included dryness.

Thanks,

Connor

·
Registered
93 Posts
We had the very exact problem with Echo very recently. I changed her food (she was eating Purina before), and got her an omega 3 superfood supliment called "the missing link." You can get this at petsmart for about $12. It did wonders within a week... not sure if it was the food change, the missing link, or a combination.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Zoey had been having dry, itchy skin all winter long, and about a month ago I started adding Fish oil to her food and we got some of this -WONDERFUL- shampoo Eqyss MicroTek Pet Shampoo She had been scratching a -ton- up until we used this shampoo... it completely cleared up whatever it was that was causing her to be dry and itchy.. It's also a great shampoo to have around in the spring time because it won't dry out the coat from frequent bathing after getting all messy outside. AND it smells great! I was afraid it was going to smell bad like the 'medicated' itching shampoo I smelled at Fleet Farm once.. but it smells so good.. I actually found a Bean Pod candle the other day that smelled exactly like it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!! Binkalette, I will look for the shampoo. But in the mean time, I have lots of salmon oil! I got a bunch of it in capsule form. This puppy is still very small, weighed in yesterday at 1/4 lbs. Would one capsule be enough for him?

·
Registered
6 Posts
wow how old is you little one if he only wieghs 1/4 lb at an age old enought to get shots!!! But for his skin i would see if the air in your house is a little to dry for him. some pups need time to adjest to different humidities in a new house.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is a small breed dog. 3 1/2 months now. The doctor said he received his first set of shots way too young and said they wouldn't have worked.

Humidity is pretty low where I live, but it wouldn't be too different were he came from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts