Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I have a 6 month old female maltipoo that is very sweet and well behaved (most of the time). She used to love walks a lot and get really exited to go on one, but last few days she started to run away from her harness and today from the lease itself. it also seems like she suddenly forgot all of her walk training and refuse to listen or to walk (if im not letting her eat or go to certain place she will lay down and refuse to walk). she also started to bark on other dog and pull the lease which never happened before.

Here some notes:
-she got spayed 3 weeks ago (already a week without stitches) and we tried to keep her calm and only did short walks. (during healing time she walked fine it only started after the stitches were removed).
-We just got her new food in the last week. She is a peeky eater and she actually love it. No stomach problem either.
- It happed in every walk and no only on certain hours.

I'm really not sure what to do and been trying to do some outside training which she react to very well as long as she getting treats. I have to pick her up, or pull her away of stuff and really dont want the walk to be annoying for both of us.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
A few questions,
1) do you harness/leash for outside training.
2) does she require treats for all commands or can you sub feedback markers/praise?
3) do you treat for good walking behavior at all?
4) do you free feed or schedual
A couple of thoughts.. If she is eating better she might be not as hungry lowering the value of treats. If you step up to using high value treats for training but lower value or verbal rewards for walking she may have decided training gets her what she wants better. Free feeding makes that worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts