Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do your dogs eat?

My dogs came eating Science Diet and I changed to Iams because there are more flavors to offer and the dogs are doing very well on it.

They are eating 2 times a day but it seems they are eating less.... Weight is good and for some reason their fur/hair is SO soft.

BUT I want to be sure they are eating the right food.

Anything out there you would recommend different?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I would look for a food that is free from fillers (like wheat, and corn) fillers cause your dog to have to eat more of the food in order to get the same nutritional value that a non filler food has. also fillers tend to make them poop alot and have very smelly poop. and fillers have no nutritional value for your dog. the reason they are in the food is so that the company can make more pounds of food at a cheaper price

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
There are many dog foods available. I wouldn't recommend either Iams or Science Diet as they are both full of fillers. There are many kinds of food that would be more cost effective to feed then those two brands. Don't be fooled by the bag price. Sometimes the price is not telling. Look at Eukanuba for instance, it is very costly and has tons of fillers. Other brands like Taste of the Wild, Canidae, Chicken soup for the dog lover's soul, Orijen, Evo, Innova.... many more end up costing you less to feed because you feed less of it. Less going in means less going out too. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts