Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 months old pom doesn't trust anyone in my family
He is strubbon, takes random things and doesn't give back
when we forcibly try to take things from him he growls and try to bite.
He doesn't listen to us at all though we offer treats.
He got separated from his mother in early days due to health issues of his mother.
I don't know how to train him
please help

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why is ihe taking things?
Is it to initiate play ? is he bored.
Is it to teethe on hes at that age where teeth will be changing and dogs need to chew through that stage.

Its always better to find a traing word like drop or leave or spit that tells the dog you require them to leave the item they have picked up . The more you force the issue the more it becomes a game of wills, can he keep it or will you get it..

It has to be that what you offer is worth more than what he has. So offer play or outside time or a treat but as the puppy lets go of the stolen item say your leave command.
And another tip, just as with babies keep everything you dont want them to touch out of reach...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why is ihe taking things?
Is it to initiate play ? is he bored.
Is it to teethe on hes at that age where teeth will be changing and dogs need to chew through that stage.

Its always better to find a traing word like drop or leave or spit that tells the dog you require them to leave the item they have picked up . The more you force the issue the more it becomes a game of wills, can he keep it or will you get it..

It has to be that what you offer is worth more than what he has. So offer play or outside time or a treat but as the puppy lets go of the stolen item say your leave command.
And another tip, just as with babies keep everything you dont want them to touch out of reach...
Hi Pandora,
He takes things randomly though he has lots of play time and toys
whenever he takes things I try to take it back by giving him treat but recently he isn't willing to take treat in return for things and started growling at me
We try to keep things out of his reach

1 - 3 of 3 Posts