Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have a weak stomach, please don't read this, sorry.

I've got my crate partitioned small for my 15 week, 6 lb JR. It's large enough for her to stand, lay and turn around. I caught her tonight just as she finished doing #1 (wee) but to my surprise, she licked most of it up. Just took her out 1hr earlier. I was sitting there and she didn't bark or make any indication she had to go but was working hard on a rawhide. I had thought she did it before but couldn't prove it. I only have toys and rawhides in the cage, no pad. Seems she has no problem taking a wee in the crate, licking it up and laying where she went.

We've had alot of rain here and the ground is muddy. I'm suspicous she may have done #2 and done the same. There was residue on the cage tray one day but could have been mud as well. I thought she was doing well holding it for 4-5 hours during the night. I take her out at midnight to 1:00am then 5:00am.

I always clean the cage with neutralizer.

What can I do to stop this?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
If the dog was raised in a crate/cage such as in a pet store, it's probably just a learned behavior. For a really small pup, it's possible an hour was too long. Did she drink or eat in between those two wees? If not, it's possible it's a UTI, have the vet check her out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts