Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My family just adopted a 3 month old Bichon Frise and he is the wonderful however we have an issue with him chewing his training pads. He does a great job of using the pads for their intended purpose but when he doesn't have to go to the bathroom he feels the needs to grab them and run around the house with them. Even chewing on them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can prevent this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll just add another vote for discontinuing the use of training pads. If your ultimate goal is to have the dog eliminating outside, you're just adding an extra step to your house training process by teaching him that it is A-OK to pee while inside the house. Training pads just complicate matters by sending one message and then changing it later. The only reasonable exception to this I can think of is if you live in a high-floor apartment and are not able to make it downstairs and get outside in time before the puppy eliminates during the trip. I guess in that instance, it may be best to designate a proper place to pee inside until the puppy is able to hold it long enough to get outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts