Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there were anything you could make at home that you could spray on your dogs feet so they would quit chewing at them? She is about 2 years old and she is always chewing on her feet. If you know of anything that works or a spray you can make at home......basically anything please let me know.... also dont have alot of money so if you have to buy something please let me know how much it will be....
thanks alot

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Usually... chewing on the feet is a sign of allergies.

What are you feeding her?

Something as simple as a food change may clear this up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know she has allergies but i havent got her a blood test at the vet yet.....i have been feeding her ol' roy its at walmart i know its not the best food for her but the food i was feedin her walmart had stopped sellin it or something it was maxiuum (i think thats how you spell it)......anyways her sister has been tested and i have been following what her sister is allergic to

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I would definitely change her food. What you're feeding her now is nothing but fillers and by products. A good chance it's the cause of her problems.

What kinds of things is her sister allergic to?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill list them from number 1 to the last one she is allergic to. Milk,liver, beef, potato, kangaroo, barley, flaxseed, lamb, pinto beans, rice, oats, soybean, corn, wheat, venison, pork, brewers yeast, duck, rabbit, turkey, fish, beet pulp, chicken and finally egg.That is all of her allergics.......would you know of any food that wouldnt have any of this in it and is not that expensive.....please let me know
thanks

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Almost anything is better than Ol' Roy. Try Purina ONE first....maybe the lamb and rice formula or the sensitive skin formula, those can work for some dogs with allergies. I don't know if you can assume that she has the same allergies as her sister has, though.

Honestly, the allergy list you posted contains just about every ingredient found in dog foods. I'm not even sure you could design a homemade food that didn't have any of those things. And I'm not really sure if that kind of thing could be determined with a blood test anyway. I think your best bet would be to switch to a better quality food and hope that clears things up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts