Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a beautiful little Pembroke Corgi girl. I have had her for about a month now, and she is 11 weeks old. My only problem with her is that she bites. A LOT. I have done so much research on this that i think i could recite webpages on the subject to you in my sleep. But, even though I have been doing everything (including my breeder) has told me, she is only getting worse. I have said N0/OUCH/Puppy Yelp, held her down like a mother dog would do, ignoring her when she gets to wild and even gently held her mouth shut while firmly saying no. Nothing works. She gets more and more excited no matter what I do.

Today is what made me scared, and in search of more opinions, perhaps from other dog owners. While Skyla and I were playing, she once again starting biting at me, but this time, it was mean. She was growling, her ears were back, and she was showing her tiny little teeth...And she is getting more and more aggressive like this.

I have been using positive reinforcement with her in her training. She learned her name, come here, and sit very well with this...but No is just something i simply cant seem to get her to understand...is she just too little, or should I be doing something else. I would greatly appreciate any advice at all. Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
My Berner was an extreme nipper too, I thought it would all end after she got her adult teeth at around 6-7 months old but nope. I did eveything you are doing and I can suggest you keep on doing what your doing and she will catch on eventually as she gets older and always make sure she knows who's boss and don't play with her anymore until she gets it that nipping fingers isn't play time. I also taught mine to take treats nicely from my fingers and if she didn't do it nice then she didn't get the treat until she was taking it kindly. She just turned 1 and is so much better than she was that it's actually a joy to play with her now. She still has the odd moment when she does it out of excitement and being happy but she knows she can't bite down hard. Mine is really learning so I'm sure yours will too, they do grow up:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts