Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI...

My Bella is 12 weeks old and we got her the first week of April. She's had her first round of shots. When is it OK to give her a bath? She peed on the corner of her wee-wee pad and got some in her hair.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can give her a bath now. If she's had her shots you can even get her professionally bathed at a grooming salon. Earlier the better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure she's had ALL her puppy shots, before you take her to a groomer. Some groomers here in CA, won't take a puppy until they've had their Rabies shot. I've been told not to take my puppy anyplace, except the vets office, until ALL puppy shots are given. Until then, make sure you don't put your puppy on the floor at the Vet Office. My thought is, "better safe than sorry".
My Puppy is almost 14 weeks, I've bathed her twice. She's small, so I was able to bathe her and blow her dry in a very short time.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You can bathe her now. Make sure you buy a gentle puppy shampoo and you can even dilute it. It should be tearless and specifically say for use on puppies.

I would do it in the tub or sink where you can have warm water, not too hot as they are very sensitive but not cold, just warm to the touch so you don't burn them.

My favorite to use is the buddy wash puppy shampoo, it smells really good and I think Petco carries it. I would still dilute it a bit and even though it's tearless try not to get it directly into the eyes.

A lot of people use baby shampoo but I don't like using baby shampoo on puppies or dogs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Bella hasn't had all her shots yet. Next appointment in 5/4/09. We haven't put her down outside or on the floor @ the vet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts