Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My puppy is 7.5 weeks old and I'm really worried about her health.:sick:

She's recently lost her appetite and has less energy. She eats very little (I would feed her canned food, raw meat, milk kibble) but still drinks water. Her poop have been getting smaller and dryer. I did some research and it could be Anemia? I checked her gums and they looked pretty pink white, but I haven't seen healthy puppy gums to compare.

And I cant take her to the Vet until a couple of days time.. please advise.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don't think feeding all those different foods to a pup this young is such a good idea. Try to stick to one thing with her for now, or two at least. Cut out the milk, it's not really good for them at all.

Not eating and being lethargic isn't good, but at least she's drinking. Drinking is good.

Get her to a vet as soon as you can

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The gums are pale? That's not normal. They should be pink. I'm thinking worms, but that's only a guess, I'm not a vet.
You can't get her to a vet today? I really think she should be seen a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
nobody on here can see your puppy and from what you say she NEEDS to see a vet a.s.a.p. seriously

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Call your vet and describe all the symptoms, this is bordering on an emergency situation especially with such a young pup. If they can't see you then get her to an emergency veterinary clinic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you for all the response and your concern.

Try to stick to one thing with her for now, or two at least.
I was trying a variety of different food to see what she likes. She'll have a more sample diet now.

UPDATE : Her health started to improve the next morning and was happier and more energetic. I visited the vet in the late hours after work without the puppy and brought the 2 weeks scheduled deworming medication.

Today we visited a closer facility and meet a much better veterinarian for a full check up and consultation. To my relief she's in great shape!
She's not thin, clear eyes, healthy developing gums, teeth and good reflects.

The doctor advised regarding to her appetite " The food portion may look small to us but that's the amount she needs, puppies wont starve themselves to death. If she's a picky eater; well she should eat what you tell her to eat. Make the meal and leave it there, remove it 15 minute or so, eventually she'll realize that's the food is available. Bit of tough love. "

Happier Camper now :

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good to hear she's getting better now and you found a better vet. Such adorable little girl..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts