Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Not sure what it is but it's the second time today that he has vomited and been lazy and sleeping the whole day.
We started the morning at the dog park and he was playing as usual and then shortly after in the afternoon he didn't feel well.

Just now again he vomited a few ounces of white ( whatever it is ) liquid.

more details... poop was fine , nose seems dry and doesn't want to eat or drink :(

This has been going on for 7 hours now. Should I be looking for something or is it just a virus?

Thx
John

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally, I would take him into the vets to make sure he is okay.
Anytime a dog is not acting like themself, and is sleeping the entire day makes me concerned. I'd be worried that he hasn't drank anything either.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I've read the whole nose thing is a myth, but your dog vomiting I would take him to the vet. Our dog vomited and had diarrhea because he ate a crab apple before we could take it away from him; maybe your dog got into something as well.

Your vet can prescribe medicines for your dog, ours is taking only one now, but was on two and was being fed rice/chicken. So maybe your vet can tell you what to do as it's always the best root to take. Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input, he is feeling better today and playful as usual.
Will keep an eye over the next day or so before calling vet ... it's always hard to pin point what he ate or did , maybe something happened at the dog park while we weren't watching ( overexhaustion , fatigue ? ) although throwing up is worrisome.

thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts