Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shadow has been eating his blankets that we put in his kennel! He poops it out and sometimes will throw it up. How can I get him to stop this? i want him to have a soft area to sleep on but i dont want him to eat it! i have removed everything in the meantime so he doesnt have the option to eat anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a tough one. Emma did the same thing when she was a puppy. We just ended up taking the blanket out of her crate. It might not have been as comfy without the blankets but it was more comfortable then getting a bowel obstruction. The only other thing I can thing of is Bitter Apple Spray. It never worked for our dogs, they actually seemed to like it, but I know other people who claimed it did work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a spray called bitter yuck, same concept but it seems to work better than bitter apple. either way, i would prefer not to have to waste a whole bottle every day spraying his blankets. i may just have to leave the blankets out :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
It might reduce as he gets older, or it could be transferred to chew toys if it is through boredom. And sometimes dogs prefer to sleep on a hard/cool surface. Ruby chews one blanket she has, but I am sure it is only once she gets bored with the toys in that room with her, and it is getting less as she grows up.

p.s. I think Ruby is only a week or so older than Shadow, she was born Jan 2nd, he would have been born around then, right? lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might reduce as he gets older, or it could be transferred to chew toys if it is through boredom. And sometimes dogs prefer to sleep on a hard/cool surface. Ruby chews one blanket she has, but I am sure it is only once she gets bored with the toys in that room with her, and it is getting less as she grows up.

p.s. I think Ruby is only a few weeks older than Shadow, she was born Jan 2nd, he would have been born around the end of Jan, right? lol
actually he was born in december. sometime around december 5th

·
Registered
498 Posts
actually he was born in december. sometime around december 5th
Oh, I was going by the ticker in your signature. Maybe I mis-calculated lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts