Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you give a little bit of pureed pumpkin to puppies occasionally? Is it best daily or only used for constipation or lose stools?

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Its a tasty treat that many dogs like and it would be fine to give a little bit daily or whenever, but it isn't adding much to their diet either if you're giving it for nutritional reasons. You can also do things like put some inside a Kong or other durable rubber chew toy and freeze it to make a slightly longer lasting chew.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Cooked, canned pumpkin (not the one with spices in it) is great for BOTH diarrhea AND Constipation (I find that interesting.. one thing that can help with either).

I have also used it for cats.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You can get canned pumpkin at Petsmart. They sell it under the Authority brand. They have the regular size cans in the dog section and also in the cat section in the smaller size cans.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
When I have had to buy a big can, I spoon it into my ice cube trays, then when it is frozen store it in the freezer in a freezer bag. If I need some I just take a cube of it out and thaw it and use it or give it to them frozen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts