Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I can’t respond to old topics, so,
Our Puli, Jeff Goldblum is about 11 months old now, so he’s in that difficult stage. We committed to the full cords, so we separate them down to the skin by hand daily, in sections. During this process we make sure he’s free of debris etc. He’s not a working dog so he stays pretty clean, especially as he has been home all winter and not on hikes etc because of the weather.

Reading conflicting information: Jeff is great, Would a bath (which he hasn’t had in 3 months probably) help or hurt the cording process? He doesn’t smell or really “need” a bath, but we would go through the effort if it makes his cords separate easier. Or, conversely will a bath make the process at this stage that much more difficult?

Our Dogo Argentino seems to roll and play with Jeff and our other dog so much, he gets baths regularly, so I was also thinking about getting a “professional” dog dryer. Anyone recommend a particular one?

Full “fam” below.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Ordered.

As far as the cording is concerned, I can’t find any info that recommended bathing that often, or even nearly that often. I reached out through the National Puli Club and found a breeder/Vet that has a recommended groomer that has done all of her show dogs..... it’s over 4 hours away, but I’m going to make a trip to get a bit of a jump start on the process. We’re working on it, daily, but would love for someone with experience to at least say we’re on the right track......

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm sure there are puli facebook groups you could join and ask?

Poodles have different coats, so that's just what I've personally read. Pulis have thicker dreads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts