Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have absolutely no experience with living in a house with a dog but my roommate gre up in a house that always had 2 dogs. My roommate decided to adopt a pug from the ASPCA and we named him Frodo.

For the past few months Frodo has adapted pretty well and been pretty well behaved. Recently he has figured out how to open the door on the fridge and think of the inside as a buffet. We would like to get a child lock to hold Frodo back from doing this but first would like to get video of him doing it. He has only done it once when someone was around but many times when nobody is home. Im borrowing a motion activated camcorder from a friend and am wondering if anyone can think of what kind of food can I put in the fridge to trick Frodo into doing this in front of the camera?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I would NOT allow the dog to continue the behavior, there are many things in refrigerator that are safe for humans that are TOXIC to dogs, should Frodo get one of his item during his raid, it could cause him to become severly ill or die. The best course would be to CRATE Frodo for his safety.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Seconding that. I can think of 10 things off the top of my head that could kill him in the average fridge, including grapes and onions. I should think protecting your dog would be more important than a funny youtube video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts