Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I need someone to help me figure out the mystery behind my Pug's issues. This has only happened twice, but each time is enough to frighten me for the rest of the night.

Normally, my pugs sleep in their crates. Sometimes, we let them sleep with us. These occurrences are only noticed when they sleep with us. (Because we normally sleep like the dead!)

Last night after going to bed with my Pugs, Ellie & Sophie, i was awoken to a horrible blood-curdling scream. When i bolted upright to look for my pups, it was discovered that it was Ellie that was screaming. She was laying how she normally sleeps, so she did not appear to be in pain.

Now, for you non-pug owners, when a pug screams it sounds like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pywLyhEXlI

Interesting thing is, my pugs have NEVER done this before, especially Ellie. Sophie has had a similar episode late one night, but the only difference is that she wet the bed.

My pugs bark, whine, snort, the usual. But never scream.
So you can imagine how horrible that sounds at 1am.

I immediately tried to soothe her by petting her and talking to her. I had a theory a while back when Sophie first did this that she was having trouble breathing and panicked in her sleep.

She seemed fine besides the 'i just woke up' face. She was panting pretty good, but that i throw that to her just being warm from laying between my boyfriend and i.

Normally i have no issue with sleeping with my dogs, and they'll sleep through the night.

What do you guys think is going on?
Perhaps a way to stop it?

Pug nightmares?

Anything helps!

Thanks
-Pugmom2014

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I need someone to help me figure out the mystery behind my Pug's issues. This has only happened twice, but each time is enough to frighten me for the rest of the night.

Normally, my pugs sleep in their crates. Sometimes, we let them sleep with us. These occurrences are only noticed when they sleep with us. (Because we normally sleep like the dead!)

Last night after going to bed with my Pugs, Ellie & Sophie, i was awoken to a horrible blood-curdling scream. When i bolted upright to look for my pups, it was discovered that it was Ellie that was screaming. She was laying how she normally sleeps, so she did not appear to be in pain.

Now, for you non-pug owners, when a pug screams it sounds like this:

Interesting thing is, my pugs have NEVER done this before, especially Ellie. Sophie has had a similar episode late one night, but the only difference is that she wet the bed.

My pugs bark, whine, snort, the usual. But never scream.
So you can imagine how horrible that sounds at 1am.

I immediately tried to soothe her by petting her and talking to her. I had a theory a while back when Sophie first did this that she was having trouble breathing and panicked in her sleep.

She seemed fine besides the 'i just woke up' face. She was panting pretty good, but that i throw that to her just being warm from laying between my boyfriend and i.

Normally i have no issue with sleeping with my dogs, and they'll sleep through the night.

What do you guys think is going on?
Perhaps a way to stop it?

Pug nightmares?

Anything helps!

Thanks
-Pugmom2014
Hallo,

I know this is 6 years after your post, but I am having the same problems with my Pug Holly (she's 10), terrible screaming and then she wets the bed. It happens about 1-2 times a week. She sleeps great and goes back to sleep once I have soothed her. Just wondering how did you get on? Hope your babies are all ok

Una
Hollysmum

·
Super Moderator
7,294 Posts
Hallo,

I know this is 6 years after your post, but I am having the same problems with my Pug Holly (she's 10), terrible screaming and then she wets the bed. It happens about 1-2 times a week. She sleeps great and goes back to sleep once I have soothed her. Just wondering how did you get on? Hope your babies are all ok

Una
Hollysmum
The OP has not been active since making this post, please start a new thread to ask your questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.