Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your dog should somehow conspire to get pine tar all over herself even though you don't have a yard, much less a yard with pine trees in it, worry not! Peanut butter gets pine tar out. You can just slather it on the pine tar and let your dog go at it. Your dog will consider this to be the best grooming session EVAR, and you will be left with a pine-free, lightly peanut-scented dog.

Not that I would know from personal experience. :redface:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Haha good to know. Jubel got some on his feet early in the summer. There are a bunch pine trees hanging over the sidewalk to take on our walks to the park, as the temperature rose sap started dripping and he'd walk through it. Now we cut through the grass around that area. Would have been helpful to know that before I noticed where the sap on his paws was coming from.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ha! I almost want to put peanut butter on my dogs just for the fun of seeing them try to get it off!! But I will remember this when Chloe manages to get covered in pine sap again, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One fun activity is to put a blob of peanut butter on top of the dog's nose and watch her try to lick it off. Not that I would ever torment my dog in such a way. That would be wrong. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
lol i would be afraid the other dog would eat her face to get it off for her!! I promise to video it if I ever do get the urge to be so cruel.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Anything oily would work fairly well. Vegetable oil is something most of us have on hand.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my mom suggested olive oil. Peanut butter is a little less messy too, I think - it stays on the dog and doesn't drip everywhere, and then the dog cleans it up for you :)

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
omg I have to tell my mom this, she has this sycamore tree and her long haired dachshund and my wirehaired Thingdog both get the sap in their fur like whoa.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I use bacon..
I'll have to remember this next time Snowball gets something sticky on him. (He doesn't like peanut butter, and we save all of our bacon drippings to use in place of oil/butter/whatever when pan-frying..)

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
One fun activity is to put a blob of peanut butter on top of the dog's nose and watch her try to lick it off. Not that I would ever torment my dog in such a way. That would be wrong. :)
I was making some pbnj just now and remembered reading this. Well.....after a few minutes, I finally had to wipe the last bits off his nose cause he couldn't get it and was getting super frustrated, groaning and moaning.

.....DF is a bad influence =P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts