Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I am a first-time puppy owner, and I was so happy to find this forum. My little darling is Echo, a boxer/malamute mix. She turned two months old on Monday of this week. We've had her now for 9 days. She's doing just fine, besides night-time screaming/crying (that my husband and I are sure will continue until she's a bit older). Anyway, nice to meet you all. Here's a couple of pics that I took today. It's amazing how much she's grown in under two weeks of having her!
EM

Edited to ask: She seems to take more after the boxer side... besides the long snout and long, curly-cue tail (and her vocalization is very much malamute-like). Do you think her hair will stay fairly short like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Malamute/Boxer? That's certianly an interesting mix, lol. And she IS a cute little thing - I love her facial markings.

Her hair should stay fairly short by the looks of it. If I had to guess I'd say it's going to be thicker then other short haired dogs...but definitely nothing to the extent of a Mal's full double coat. Were that the case, you'd probably be looking at a much fluffier pup.

Welcome to DF!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is an interesting mix! Her father is a boxer and her mother a mal. ...And she carries so many characteristics of both... I have a friend who owns malamutes that says that she definitely reminds her so much of her dogs. I have also searched the net to find other pics of this mix and most look so much like her. .. and I was surprised to find as many as I did!

Thank you for the welcome! I'm happy to be here.
EM

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
welcome to df!!! love your puppy. exciting isn't it!!! look forward to more pics;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts