Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some sort of structure I can buy so my dog has protection from the elements.
He's had a dog house and deck for the last four years but we are moving to a home that does not have any shelter for him and we need to find something quickly.

He's a four year old border collie/dalmatian mix.
We plan on fencing the back yard to this new home immediately and train him to use a dogie door into the garage when he needs to. But I want something else he can get under to escape the sun and rain.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Why not just buy or build a dog house? If you build or get one out of wood you will just need to set it up on bricks so its not sitting directly on the ground. Put some straw in there and he's all set. An insulated one would be even better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the responce. He has a barn type insulated dog house that he goes in sometimes. He's only outside when we're away. Maybe I'm over thinking this?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Were you thinking more along the lines of something to provide some shade? If so, you could set up a small party tent type thing, or plant a tree or two. Or get a small dog kennel with a canopy cover, but just leave the door open. Another thing you could provide him if it gets hot is a kiddie pool filled with water in the shade. And of course, make sure he always has clean drinking water available.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Build a good insulated dog house. Provide some other type of shade. You could also consider buying/building a shed just for your dog. Where he can go in and chill, also equipped with a house inside which will provide even more protection being inside the shelter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts