Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sold our house and are moving into a brand new condo for a year. Scary with dogs but they are small and well behaved. We are renting.

First of all, I don't mind my dogs looking out of the windows and since they are small, the only way to do this is for them to put their front paws on the window sills. They are not scratchers but over time I can see a few scratches on the wood. Since this is a new place, I want to protect the sills from any possible scratches.

Does anyone have any ideas of something that could go on the sills and come off in a year without damaging the wood?

Thank you!

·
Registered
37 Posts
We just moved into a Condo with our little dog as well (shih-tzu/maltese cross) and are not having any problems with the window sills, as she just stands up and looks out them... more the base boards. Scratches them, and even will bite them from time to time. Any ideas for that?!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the baseboards bitter apple. I spray it everywhere just in case Luna who is still young tries to chew a chair or rug.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was at Home Depot and found the flexible vinyl cove molding that goes on where a base board does over vinyl. It has a little lip edge and I think I could just place it on the sills or make it stick with velcro.

Doors, I noticed they sell thick plastic to put on doors and thought that plexi glass could be cut and stuck on a door where a dog might scratch. Mia give us one bark to go out but Luna scratches at the doors. Fine on the glass patio but won't be fine on wood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts