Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel as though I don't post many good things about Tyson, so this deserves its own thread.

He's always had a tendency to walk on my right or, more often, directly behind me. For the past few days we've been working on choose to heel and he's doing fabulously! He's not in perfect heel position, but he's closer than when we started and he seems to understand where he's supposed to be. :D

He really is a smart little boy (and I think that's what gets him into so much trouble).

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Good boy, Tyson! Have you met with a trainer or behaviorist yet?

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good boy, Tyson! Have you met with a trainer or behaviorist yet?
Thanks. No, we haven't. I've been swamped at work and didn't have a chance to call until yesterday. I left a message, but haven't heard back. If I have time tomorrow, I'll call again.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well, that's awesome!! And, honestly, if we don't recognize & celebrate the 'little things' (but choose to wait for some hypothetical, *major* accomplishment) we'll all become seriously depressed and never be happy with our dogs, or even ourselves.

Good work! Both of you. :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Stupid dogs are easier, yes. Congratulations! If you don't celebrate the little victories, well, what's the point.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I love choose to heel. It's one of my personal favourites, quite effective and so easy to apply for most dogs and handlers.

Keep up the good work :clap2: and I'll bet you see a completely different, inspired dog (as far as heeling goes) within a week or two.

*klink* /champagne toast

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
Yay! Go Tyson!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts