Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We went to the vet today so Vuitton could get his rabies and pa.. (pa something o.o ) vaccinations (we're going back for the booster shots in a month.), and thank god he was 100% healthy! (Except for matting, which will be fixed.) PROBLEM, however....

At the vet area, he was scared, and was already urinating small amounts-- and he was also scared of his doctor, who was a male. (He's getting used to men.) Now we came home, and immediately, he began to urinate all over the house in small amounts, but no allergic reactions were present. Is this a side affect or what? :help: Because he holds his pee for a long time-- he's eating a lot and drinking plant of water, too. He's sleepier, which the doctors warned me about. He is still the same old Vuitton, except for this.. peeing problem. :s He also.. farted for the first time. (Lol...) twice. One at the vet RIGHT after the vaccination, and one at home. He has never done it before, and.. I must know why this too, happened. o.o (I am not familiar with dogs farting, xD I must learn.. is it the food, excitement, or what?) I am mostly concerned about the peeing.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
The shots that dogs usually get are rabies and DHLPP. The D stands for distemper and one of the Ps is for Parvovirus. Maybe the vet referred to it as a Parvo shot? If you look on the bill it should say what vaccines he was given.

Reactions are fairly common, but usually peeing a lot isn't a usual reaction symptom. If he's still doing it tomorrow, call the vet and ask what should be done. It might just be because of the exciting day he had.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
If it keeps persisting I would go back to your vet. Luke is allergic to some vaccinations, maybe your dog could be too? Also, keep a record of when your dog goes to the vet and what your dog got that day. It definitely will help them and you too, to remember. I hope your pup is okay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank god he stopped..doing it. But now I also noticed that he does it every time he gets scared. (Like when one of my REALLY tall friends approached him, he peed.)

·
Registered
703 Posts
It sounds like submissive peeing. Google it- there's lots of info out there for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts