Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a brand of probiotics? I would prefer ones made for dogs over ones made for people. I saw one thread discussing Miraclezyme. Is that a good one? Are there other brands that are good choices? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I've only used Forti-flora and had fantastic results with it.

However, http://www.naturesfarmacy.com has probiotics (dogzyme) that have been recommended to me by a number of people and I've heard they've worked magnificently - I haven't personally used them though. I actually just remembered this site and have been meaning to order stuff from them! So thanks for reminding me :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have little knowledge or experience and personally cannot recommend or recommend against, but my veterinarian sold me probiotics: PROstora single (5) by Iams. Directed to take 1 every 12 hours.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I love the ones from Vertiscience, I use Vetri Probiotic BD. When we started seeing a rehab vet she asked if we use joint supplements, told her we use Jointagen! She said it was her preferred. I then mentioned that we also use the probiotic from the same company, she said it was also another proffered of hers. Was nice to hear reassurance that the product we chose to use long term were good choices. Two reasons we like this one (we've used many) is we only have to give it once a day once on maintenance & it's been the best to control Skyler's colitis very well.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have little knowledge or experience and personally cannot recommend or recommend against, but my veterinarian sold me probiotics: PROstora single (5) by Iams. Directed to take 1 every 12 hours.
I respect your choice to use Iams, it's your pet but did you know they are owned by Proctor & Gamble who do horrific animal testing? Google p&g, you will see what I mean. I personally avoid them, where I can (I love Dawn detergent & a couple other of their products).

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the US I don't think neither legislation on or inspection of research facilities for animal testing are any good. I didn't know about P&G's animal testing. Unfortunately if I decided to avoid P&G this would be a very hypocritical choice for me as I would be unwilling to avoid many other products I buy from companies with unethical business practices. I am a techie and pour many times what I've spent on my dog on electronics while most consumer electronics are hand made in Asian factories with very poor working environments.

I respect your choice to use Iams, it's your pet but did you know they are owned by Proctor & Gamble who do horrific animal testing? Google p&g, you will see what I mean. I personally avoid them, where I can (I love Dawn detergent & a couple other of their products).

·
Banned
1 Posts
I use American Health Chewable, same as I use for my son only I break the wafer in half. Dog's get the same kinds of diseases as humans. I also give her Barlean's lemon zest omega swirl fish oil off the spoon.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
In the US I don't think neither legislation on or inspection of research facilities for animal testing are any good. I didn't know about P&G's animal testing. Unfortunately if I decided to avoid P&G this would be a very hypocritical choice for me as I would be unwilling to avoid many other products I buy from companies with unethical business practices. I am a techie and pour many times what I've spent on my dog on electronics while most consumer electronics are hand made in Asian factories with very poor working environments.
I'm not against animal testing, it's the deplorable methods they use & mistreatment. I work in healthcare, I fully know the benefits of animal testing but not under the conditions they are known for, which is why I avoid their products when I can. I agree, not easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts