A friend of mine has decided to have her dog spayed. I think the dog is 7-ish now. While discussing it, I said it would be best to wait 3 months (the dog is in heat right now). However, the vet said he'd do it in one month. I personally have had trouble with this.....we once found a stray who started bleeding a week after we found her, had her spayed after a month (per vet's advice). She bled badly, gave everyone a good scare, and had to stay at the vet's office an extra day. So I can't think that this is a good idea. So, is there any info I can print out stating that you should wait 3 months? I don't know if she'll take my word for it.