Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah,this is the question.This might be my litter C in making,but as usually I don't believe she is pregnant and stare at her belly all the time,from all possible angulations :D
She should 5 weeks pregnant now,at these photos she hasn't eaten for 12 hours,so it is not like she just ate whole chicken leg and I decided to take photo of her belly.

So what do you think?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'm gonna go with pregnant. Did you have an ultrasound done. What type of breeding did you do? Any behavior changes? Unfortunately it is also possible for her to have a pyometria. Do you have any pre breeding or show pics of her to compare to?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If she is,she is 5 weeks in.Natural breeding,but with 5 years old male who has never in his life been bred before,so I guess the semen might not have been very active due to that( at least this is what everybody tels me),only one tie on 12th day,tried another time on 14th day,but it was already too late and they didn't tie.So I guess if there is some,there isn't much.This was her second breeding,last time she had 7 pups and the belly was bigger at this time.No,I didn't do ultrasound,I'm planning on doing an X-ray couple of days before she should deliver.
I will take a photo of the whole dog later today and yes I have photos of her before,will post them with the whole dog photos I will take today.
She was a bit different at the beginning,but now I don't know,she is cuddly all the time so I really can't tell if she is more affectionate than before.Plus the fact that I am very busy now and unfortunately I don't spend much time with dogs now( luckily this period in my life will be over after 4 days,then I will be home most of the time),so I don't see how she acts very much.She doesn't act like she would have pyometra,eats good,no discharge from the vulva,nor it seems swollen or something,happy as usually.I did notice her dreaming(which she did last time she was pregnant),she stops and stares somewhere in the far for about 10 minutes,then she comes out of it and remembers she should go pee too,at one point she was a bit reserved,which I don't see anymore.Somewhere around third week I noticed her vomiting for 2 days(not like all the time,three times during these two days),but otherwise she was fine,ate her breakfast and dinner as usually.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Well, if it's five weeks, you'll know pretty soon. On the other hands, you're at the end of the window for ultrasound. Mine get some enlargement of the boobs when they are preggers. Without anything for comparison it's hard to say, but her boobs do look a bit big.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are swollen,but she tends to have false pregnancies,so that is not something that could help me.
Ok.So before

Today

I can't understand,there is something,but at the same time there is nothing.Maybe I'm trying to see something I just wish to see.That should clear out after a week I guess.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
If the pictures were taken at the dog's height instead of from above, it would have been easier to see. To be honest, while I see a little more belly in the today picture, I don't see much difference. Then again, I'm not a breeder.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I have found with small dogs that a lot do not show anything at five weeks, by six if you get them to jump up on you with their front feet you can usually see a bulge but they can fool you especially if she has had false pregnancies. Good luck, hope she is in whelp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts