Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’ve had a stray girl wonder here and instead of leaving her to give birth at the pound we are keeping her till owners are found, the question I have is she has a discharge (photo attached) and I’m positive it’s her mucus plug but I just want to be definite as I’ve only ever dealt with cats giving birth so this is new to me but I’m also worried it may be an infection. (Off the X-ray bet believes she should now be about 60 ish days give or take)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Is there a nearby rescue or shelter that can help you? They likely are experienced with pregnant mothers and whelping and will be able to get her the proper treatment, either until her owners are found or be able to foster her with someone who knows what they're doing and can find her a good home. Maybe even if they can only video chat or talk to you over the phone?

These are really questions for a vet, or someone who is experienced with helping a momma dog birth puppies and know when there are complications and that its time to call the vet. I mean, there's some people on this forum who have helped whelp litters, but they're not here all the time and if something goes wrong they're not likely to answer your questions in a timely manner (and forum rules ban that, anyway). I think you should find someone who can lend a hand either in person or over the phone, at least.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts