Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
749 Posts
Have them in a sitting position near the door but not that close to it where you can't open the door. Do not do anything unless they are sitting down and fully calm first before putting the harnesses on them at that time and only when they are in a sitting position. Have them wait inside as you open the door and you go out first. The dogs should sit there until you tell them to come out. When returning you open the door and enter in first. Have the dogs in a sitting position and then invite them in.

Before Lola is released from her crate in the morning she used to go nuts with excitement in the crate. I had her lay down in the crate to have her calm down. I then would open the crate door and have her wait until I called her. When I call her usually from another room she comes running wagging her tail and doing a happy dance. I then get her leash, she goes near the door sits down and allows me to put her leash on when she is in a sitting position. I then open the door go out first and she will sit there until I say come on. When returning home she sits outside the door as I go in and then when I am in she looks at me and when I say come on she comes inside. I then have her sit again when I take off her leash and then I release her with ok you can go.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts