Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we had two puppies come in with parvo. We didn't think "Wilson" would make it though the night but he did. The other puppy came back in today her name is Sable, she is not as sick as Wilson. Please pray for these two little babies tonight. I am afraid that when I go to work tomorrow Wilson will not have made it to see another morning. Sable is a little older and has a little more weight on her so her chances are better. Thanks

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Poor babies. :(

Prayers being said.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh no!! :( I pray they both pull through.....

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I will post an update tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
my local shelter just got 22 pups from georgia and we so far have lost 8 with parvo we have all the others on tamaflu as a precaution in hope no one else gets it
so i am sending prayers for all
jamie

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was just reading a article at work how alot of parvo pups that do not respond well to treatment also have corona. Just something you may want to look in to. Ill try and post you the article, its at work and I do not go back until Saturday. Good luck

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I work for a vet. I was so tired last night (because I work 11 hr shifts) that I forgot I was off today. I will let you guys know if Wilson made it tomorrow. I'm kind of afraid to call and find out today. So please keep the prayers coming for these two little ones (Sable also.) Thanks for caring.
5 s corral prayers are coming to your shelter puppies. Hope you guys don't lose anymore.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My prayers are with the little pups. I had a call the day after i got Shadow saying one of his litter mates tested positive for parvo..... i was so scared! that was over a month ago though and he never showed a single sign of having it and the vet told me not to worry unless his behavior changed. So i understand how scary it is and i hope they both pull through!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Update please... how are the puppies?

*fingers crossed*

·
Registered
981 Posts
I want to know also.

Our neighbor got a pup last year from someone and they found out it had parvo. They had to put it down three or four days after they got it. The people they bought it from was not very friendly about giving them money or anything. I think all they said they would pay for is the gas it took to come get the dog or something like that - not the vet bills.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh you and the pups are in my prayers... parvo isn't a fun deal. I had a pup get it and I couldn't afford to leave her at the vet so they sent me home with a "home treatment" kit... She pulled through, but my job wasnt' happy cuz I called in to take care of her... she had to have a Saline drip every 4 hrs plus anti vomit meds and small amounts of food if she would eat it... first couple of days were rough, but i could tell when she started to come out of it cuz she started wanting to play again and trying to eat some wet dog food, though she still had a hard time keeping much more than a couple of mouth fulls down at a time.

Anyways... how are the little guys doing?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am so sorry to tell everyone that Sable and Wilson both passed away last night. The people that owned them both were devastated. I felt so bad I thought at least the beagle mix Sable had a chance because she seemed a little healthier than the golden mix Wilson. This is the one thing I really hate working at a vet clinic. It is hard enough when they are old an suffering but, two little puppies just starting out in life....
Thank you everyone for your prayers for these two little angels. They are no longer in pain and playing over the rainbow bridge. I only wish it had not turned out this way.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that Sable and Wilson didn't make it. :(

My sympathies to their owners.

Run free Sable and Wilson

·
Registered
532 Posts
Poor little puppies. They are in my prayers. I feel bad for everyone involved, from the dog, owners, and lovely vet staff who were involved. Nobody wins in this situation. :(

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
sorry to here this they are pain free we lost another 8 at the shelter we are holding our breath with the otheres but are holding on to them for another 10 days before they go out to be safe so far they are not showing any signs
jamie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts