Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning, I woke up and let Jasper outside to go to the bathroom, and (sorry if this is TMI), he let go with a bad-smelling, nearly pure liquid yellow stool. He did this 3 times. I'm worried, I've never seen this kind of diarrhea in any of my dogs (and between Willow, Yuki, and Bandit all coming from rescue, I've dealt with a LOT of different worms and LOTS of diarrhea!).

He had an appointment scheduled for 3:30 today, but I went ahead and called and I'm bringing him into the clinic now. I can't help but be worried about possible parvo. I just have a bad "gut feeling".

Please keep Jazz in your prayers, that it is nothing and I'm just ovverreacting. I did start him on homecooked yesterday, so maybe he is just having a hard time with the switch... one can hope?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, just got back from the vet! Thank goodness, it isn't parvo (I really wasn't sure when I saw the almost completely liquid stool he was having). Turns out he has a monster infection of whipworms and roundworms... so he's on a bunch of different meds for the next couple of weeks. Thankfully, Willow and Bandit are on Sentinel so they won't be getting their share of these worms.

Good news, he is now vaccinated for parvo/distemper/lepto, and his heartworm test came back negative. (Hooray!) His neuter surgery will take place as soon as I get him back on his feet from these worms.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Thank goodness everything is okay. Sounds like you cleared up a lot of stuff at the vet.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm just now reading this. I'm sorry you had such a scare. I'm so glad it is an easy fix. Tell Jasper no more scares!!

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Whew! I'm sorry he's sick, but I'm glad it's easily treatable. Give that long-legged boy of yours a hug from me. :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
sooo glad to hear he's in the clear for anything major, altho whipworm and round worm is nothing to sneeze at.....

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the well-wishes (and peanut butter, Poca ;) ).

Today Jasper started showing classic signs of kennel cough. Thankfully, both Willow and Bandit were already vaccinated with the intranasal vaccine. So, back to the vet I go to pick up some antibiotics... the poor guy has had a rough go of it, that's for sure!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I will be thinking about Jasper and hopeing for him all day. I certainly hope that it isn't the parvovirus but if it is it sounds as if he had a very loving family.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries, he went to the vet yesterday and it isn't parvo, just a really nasty case of worms. He's on meds now and I hope he'll be recovering quickly!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts