Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing home a 9 week old Boston Terrier puppy this Saturday 1/6. I will be crate training him. The weather however is suppose to be a high of -11 and a low that night of -24! Is it safe to take him when it’s that cold? I did buy some Pawz and a ruffwear fleece jacket. I’m afraid he’s going to freeze. Help please!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome. My Boston, when she was little, got her at 10 weeks, loved to go outside, still does. When it is that cold definitely have a sweater on and go out with them just doing the potty and right back in. They did not have any under coat so cannot stay out. Now mine runs out to potty and back in, it's about -3 here. She is 20 months now. I clean an area of snow first so she had the grass to potty on, also potties faster and back in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay great thank you! Fingers crossed :wink: if I could figure out how to add a picture I would, still getting used to this website.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Clearing an area of snow and adding a windbreak or something helps. This may be a good time to train your pup to wear sweaters and booties!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Oh, if you use any kind of snow melt, I do not, you will need to wash off their little feet and dry them when they come back in. Lillith is so right, start bootie use now !!! Mine hates them, didn't start young enough. On pictures, the easy way I found is to click on Go Advanced before you finish your post, it's at the right had corner of the page. Then have the picture you want to use on your computer, you might have to make it smaller first and save a copy. Then click on the paperclip just below Title and it opens another page. Then click on Add Files and then click on Browse. Find your picture and then click on Upload. It puts the picture at the bottom of the page and then you click on Insert On Line and then click Done. It takes you back to the post page with the picture link. Then when you click on Submit Reply it puts the picture into the post.
IMG_0332 (2).jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts