Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an twelve week old shih tzu who is pretty much puppy pad trained (he always pees on the pad, but slips up and will sometimes poop on the floor). He is also kennel trained, latley I've been trying to get him to go outside but he'll hold in the entire time and the minute we get inside he'll run to his puppy pad and go there. Is there anyway to get him to start going outside, or should i just stick to puppy pads? Also, when sometimes we stay the weekend and my boyfriends house and he acts all depressed, is that normal?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If you want him to go outside, you're probably going to have to pick up the pee pads, clean everywhere he's had accidents (pp or poop) thoroughly with an enzyme cleaner and start all over from the beginning.

At your boyfriend's he probably gets less attention from you than at home. Just ignore the little "drama king" as long as you know he's been fed, watered, pottied and had a reasonable amount of play and training types of attention. Even at your boyfriend's it is important to stick to the pup's routine as much as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts