Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so im not entirely sure how many replies I will get but here goes.

I have a 7 month old Chihuahua who is a smart girl but she's soo stubborn for potty training! I have a puppy pad for her in the kitchen( where she spends her time cause she pottys everywhere!) and she will use it 60% of the time. And ONLY for pee. She poops anywhere she wants and pees on the floor too. P.s its hardwood so you can imagine what my parents think. She's really sneaky about it too, not watching her for 5 mins, and you have mess's to clean up! I had her sleeping down in my room with me, she has her side of the bed and a puppy pad just in case, and for a while it was great!, she would cry at the door in the morning to go outside, but yesterday night I woke up for a drink and found that she had peed on my bed! I bring her to work with me (Grooming Apprentise) so she can socialize with other dogs, but she just potties everywhere all day, and I feel like a janitor while I'm trying to learn! Someone help please! I have already tried to move the puppy pad closer to the door,(she pees where it was) and the spray bottle,(which does not faze her AT ALL) Anyone got some tips?!? Im a student who cant afford a trainer right now!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
take her out often. take her out overnight. praise and treat her when she goes outside.
i've never used a spray bottle when training/house breaking my dogs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do take her out frequently when we aren't at the shop. sometimes she goes, but its like she has an extra storage of pee in her leg, cause she just pees constantly little bits at a time. I always praise her, but she doesn't understand that outside is the place to go all the time. She will still squat and pee on the floor. The spray bottle is more used for her barking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts