Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've got a question..
My dog goes outside to do her things, sometimes it escapes and she does one inside but the thing is when she goes to do her peeing she does it just in front of the door.. her other stuff on a small yard I got with rocks but she doesn't do her pees there, she waits to get infront of the door, is there a way to make it easier?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
She may not like the feel of the rocks on her tender feet. Could you build her a box (sandbox size) with dirt/grass in it? She may be more likely to go if she's comfortable. You'd probably have to train her to use the box (put her in it the first few times).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
What you could do is if that small yard has a fence around it with a gate, put her in and just wait for her to pee, then let her out. Repeat each time you take her out, and eventually she'll learn to go there right away.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Also, clean the spot she's peeing at now with an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle. If she can smell that she's peed there, it smells like a good place to pee and it will be hard to get her to stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts