Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a section blocked off in the kitchen for Ruby. She has a bed in there and I leave her crate in the kitchen and I've noticed that she pees in the puppy pads but when she has to poo poo she always goes in her crate ( i still dont walk her outside because she needs one more set of puppy shots..and i dont want to risk it). Is this something i should discourage her from doing or it really doesnt matter?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are you using an odor remover to clean up her crate when she has an accident?

If not, she can still smell where she eliminated before, and thinks it's okay to "go" there again.

Try using something like "Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover" to clean up when she poops in her crate.
You can find it at Petsmart or almost any pet supply store.

It will discourage her from eliminating in her crate again.

Also, try putting her bed inside the crate.
If she sleeps in her crate, she will then think of her crate as her "den", and will be much less likely to poop in there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you using an odor remover to clean up her crate when she has an accident?

If not, she can still smell where she eliminated before, and thinks it's okay to "go" there again.

Try using something like "Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover" to clean up when she poops in her crate.
You can find it at Petsmart or almost any pet supply store.

It will discourage her from eliminating in her crate again.

Also, do you have any bedding or a blanket for her in the crate?

Putting a small doggy bed or blanket in her crate may also discourage her from pooping in there.
Yes she has a small blanket in there. I havent bought an odor remover, i'll get some. Also i bought the Puppy Aid Training Spray...im not sure if it works, I been using it but im not really seeing any difference...should i just stop using it or does it take awhile to work?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ruby_S, where are you using the puppy training spray?

Also, you could just put her bed in her crate, or either just remove the crate from the area you have her confined to, as Dogstar suggested.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ruby_S, where are you using the puppy training spray?

Also, you could just put her bed in her crate, or either just remove the crate from the area you have her confined to, as Dogstar suggested.
Im using it on the pee pee pads i've put in the kitchen....(not in the crate)

If she's walking INTO the crate to eliminate, pull it out of the pen.
Thank you, I guess it does make sense to do this...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
How in the world did the vast majority of dogs and kids manage to survive before we became so paranoid and germaphobic?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts