Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I had to resign-on, because my cache got erased, my account in the Dog (training) forum has never been the same. Meaning my posts are held for the moderator to approve. But they never post. So somebody is controlling a very limited number of people who make comments. I would say the very same (less than) 10 people. Rather than opening it up to wider opinions. I think they are afraid of competition and common sense ideas. And if they are professional trainers they don't like the idea of owners being taught how to solve their own problems.

Whoever truly represents "admin" here, I would look into. And you will see it's just that small cliche of same screen names.

Not very fair. And certainly a disservice to people looking for a broad range of ideas.

If you have a response, please private message me.

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
No one is controlling your posts. Admin do not get notified when a post is in moderation. If you don’t contact us to let us know, unless we happen to stumble across it, we’ll never know about it. There is no great conspiracy, and it’s rather insulting that you would imply there is. If your post gets moderated, pm an admin with the link to it, ask us to approve it, and we will. It’s really that simple.

I mean, there’s literally a sticky thread about this in the Tech Support subforum.
https://www.dogforums.com/dogforums-com-tech-support/367441-post-moderation.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the thread I responded to, today, 8-28-19. About 6 hours ago (PDT time).

https://www.dogforums.com/dog-training-forum/506068-need-help-possessive-dog.html?utm_content=iss77&utm_campaign=ed149&utm_source=threadloom&utm_medium=email#post5285384

I am only offered the "Quick Reply" option. Not the "Full Reply" option. When I finished it, it said "this post is awaiting moderation." That's all. It's never done that before. I couldn't see it, in order to edit it. I say this, because (before the subsequent renew your sign-on process, got messed up) every feature was fully functional for me. If I can't see the post I've just written, I can't edit it. As of now, it has never appeared in the thread link (above). I don't know how to find where it may have ended up. I don't know who (or how) to let anyone know that it needs to be approved. My posts never needed approval before. They posted in real-time.

When I joined that particular combination of owner-responses, I was challenged as to what my "experience" was in order to "discuss training." They associated me with (Cesar Millan, I assume) who I do not endorse (and couldn't care less about). So I was constantly reaffirming my commitment to positive training. Although I am based in behavioral learning. Another person attacked me, because they thought I had a "nerve" asking why people don't acknowledge our replies (as in, whether or not they are successful). Knowing, would help us understand better how to help people. That responder thought I was looking for some kind of "pat on the back." So I've had good reason to wonder the status of my replies.

Now that I've been supplied with the link (thank you for that) I will continue to research. But DogForum is a VERY complex site, full of all kinds of topics and threads.

I appreciate you responding. But people do not easily "welcome" you, that's for sure. My belief is, we're all here to help. And especially to learn from each other!

Once again, I'm only being given the "Post Quick Reply" option. But I have copied my reply, to prove what I've said, and when.

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
Right, and if I hadn't happened to come into this thread to check, I'd never have known, because it doesn't show up when I check the new post notifications. So, like I said, and the link says, you need to PM a moderator with the link to the thread and ask them to approve it. We're two moderators for a forum of over 60,000 people. We cannot be everywhere, see everything. And frankly, I think you owe us an apology for the insulting accusations you've made here.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
LOL.

Anyway, this happened to me once and you just have to private message a mod to approve it. It went on for a week or so, and then my computer updated (so a full reboot), and it worked fine. Make sure your computer doesn't need to update, try a full reboot. Sometimes it doesn't always auto-update and you have to enter a password so it will update. I could also post just fine from other devices, just not my one home computer. Try an update and a full reboot. Try signing in from another device and see if it will let you post. If it lets you post, it's likely your computer/internet that's causing the problem.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
It sounds like your browser is out-of-date and/or something about your posts or settings is tripping the spam filter. It's not a conspiracy.

If you get a negative response from one or two people, it's probably them. If you're getting negative responses from a variety of people, it's probably time to do some reflecting.

Personally, I have your main account blocked (I'm not an admin or moderator; this only affects what I see, not your browsing experience or what others see) because your posting style puts my hackles up and I'd rather save my energy for other things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fair enough. But thanks for the tips. Another said to reboot (reload) the program. So I made sure updates are in place, one took hours today. Figured out steps to making a full reply. Still don't know who the "approving Mods" are.

I'm not getting negative public responses. Always welcome conversation with anyone. The only way to learn. In the future, hope you'll change your mind. My apologies for creating the situation in the first place. Thank you for being honest!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Fair enough. But thanks for the tips. Another said to reboot (reload) the program. So I made sure updates are in place, one took hours today. Figured out steps to making a full reply. Still don't know who the "approving Mods" are.

I'm not getting negative public responses. Always welcome conversation with anyone. The only way to learn. In the future, hope you'll change your mind. My apologies for creating the situation in the first place. Thank you for being honest!
Go to "Quick Links" which is right under the big page banner and then go to "View Dog Forums Moderators".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts