Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like sometimes the mix breeds sometimes are left out so I thought I would start a thread on them. What is your mix breed? Size? Show any characteristics of the breeds in them?

Mae is 30lbs and has at-least 6-10 breeds in here,lol. Her mom was a beagle/shi-tzu/maltese mix. dad was a ?. He is a guessed lab/pit bull/ terrier/ some kind of collie mix. She shows the beagle in her but has the hair of a shi-tzu/maltese.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Fun idea! Molly is a 13 lb Terrier, we think, mix. The rescue group who had her, the rest of the litter & their mom said they thought the mother is a Sheltie/Dachshund mix. Father is unknown although we suspect based on her appearance & characteristics that he had some kind of small terrier, JRT or Rat perhaps, and Italian greyhound. She's got a high prey drive & insists on sticking her nose into every mole hole she encounters & she's one of the fastest dogs I've ever seen. No one at the dog park could ever catch her. She's also very smart, biddable and sweet. I get asked a lot if she has any Basenji in her because of her tail, which curls over her back, but she's too small & doesn't have any of the other characteristics & I've had Basenji owners tell me, "no way," lol, so I don't think so. Here are a few shots of my girl. I'd love to hear thoughts on what she could be a mix of...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Julie, I definitely see Italian greyhound and terrier in her. And her ears definitely look sheltie-ish. It's fun that you have at least a general idea of what mom was like.

Sydney is an unknown mix. She weighs around 20 pounds. She was listed at the rescue as beagle/aussie, but that doesn't seem correct. We're thinking she's got a fair amount of terrier (probably RT or JR) and beagle in her. People suggest ACD a lot, but that seems unlikely to me based on her temperament. You never can tell, though! Anyone's welcome to guess on her breeds as well. :)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts

Kylie's my mutt-puppy. Breed mix? *Snort* No idea.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts

Diesel is about 60 something pounds and he can't be called fat.

I've always thought him to be a Border Collie X APBT or some other bully breed. I get a lot of guesses at Lab or Golden in there.
I had a fleeting thought that he could possibly be some sort of a Bernese Mountain Dog mix. He is soooo much like one in the way he moves, his temperament, his love for cold weather. But I live in a very small town and surely the most exotic breed I've ever seen is a toss up between a Great Dane and a Greyhound.
So who knows.

And I have one more for you guys.

This is Sui my dad's -read 'my'- dog. He's about 13 now I suppose annnnddd quite possibly the sweetest dog I have ever known.
I've always thought him to be a mix of Mountain Cur and pit, with some ACD thrown in for good measure.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Okay, so, here is my dog, Perkins. He weighs 40-something pounds, close to 50. I have no clue what breeds he is. I have been asked things like lab, chihuahua, German shepard, retriever, terrier, so on. Anyway, he displays things of prey dogs, hound dog, and just regular ol' dog lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure what breed my two pups are. Maybe somebody could take a stab at it? They were found on the side of the road together in South Carolina and found their way up here. Melo is 25 lbs and 4 months old, and Lily is 11 ls and 3 months old.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
We already know Blu Boy (and Leeo) are Schnauzer/Poodle always around 20 pounds and 6 years old next month. Abbylynn is 65 pounds and a Doberman/Rottweiler mix of almost a year and a half.

Eddee on the other hand ........ Schnauzer/maybe Cairn, Maltese? mix .... My 16 year old Niece says he has to have some Maltese in there because he is always kissing you to death like the 4 Maltese she personally knows ... she says he acts just like one! Lol! ........

Eddee is approximately one year old and weighs 11.6 pounds. When he is wet he looks like a very thin Italian Greyhound/Terrier mix. :D

Also ... he has ears that are tiny and fold in half but not in the conventional way ... and stick out the side of his head like airplane wings or like a burrito. Lol! I wonder what breed that comes from! I think they were meant to stand and didn't.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Maddie (in my signature) is a terrier mix of some sort - latest guesses are westie/poodle or westie/bichon. Others have guessed schnauzer in there somewhere. She definitely has a terrier personality! She's around 12 pounds.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You will see a pic of my Mutt aka Designer dog in my signature her name is Mistletoe because she was a Christmas present and my Fiancee and I met under the Mistletoe at one of our friends Christmas Parties 2 yrs ago so our dog is what holds the pieces to the puzzle together forever. Anyways she is a Pekingese and a Beagle so I was told by the breeder we got her from. She was the runt of the litter, her parents were on sight but for some reason I had a tough time believe the Peke she had was all peke it didnt have much hair and normally they have those weird breathing problems but this one for some reason seemed normal. The Beagle seemed very beagle only overweight and after 3 months I figured she would have lost her baby weight. I always get asked is she a Puggle or does she have Pug in her but Im just happy with her being in our family. She is 15 Pounds but again she was the runt of the litter.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Aww - such beautiful dogs, everyone! Here's Hobbes. He was listed at rescue as a Border Collie/Lab mix. Hahahahaha! Seriously, I have never laughed harder as when I read that. I think they just listed him that way to avoid stating the obvious - Lab/Pit mix. LOL. Honestly, I have no idea what breeds are in him but his coat looks all lab and his face looks very Pit-like. The huge ears that stand up all the time like that? I don't know, maybe GSD? Who knows... Anyway he's a handsome one.

IMG_1808.jpg IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_1724.jpg

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Gem, Austrailian Cattle Dog X German Shepherd, 9.5 months old and 41lbs at the moment

Gypsy, Australian cattle dog X ?? Gems sister, but I think she may have a different daddy as she appears to be sable merle and has non of the GSD features that Gem shows. she is 33lbs and 9.5 months old

Rusty is a JRT X Pom, 9 tears old, 15" tall and 15lbs

also in my house, but not mine are Perky and Ripley, Perky is a 12- 13 year old who knows what mix(the black and white one) and Ripley is a 11 year old Schipperke X Boston Terrier

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is Troy, a rescue from my local dog shelter. He's a medium-sized 30+lbs ball of energy. According to the shelter he was about 2 years when I adopted him but his vet said he was about 6 months to a year. Also, because of his behavior and how young he looked, most people said that he was still a puppy and agreed with the vet. If they were right, then he would be about 2 to 2.5 years now.

Not a clue what his mix is but I saw a listing in CL for a dog that looked so much like him that I thought for a moment that he escaped and someone took him (he did not). The listing said it was a Pit and Boxer mix. Most people say he seem to have some Pit in him (because of his face structure and white chest) and maybe Dachshund (because of his length and how his paws turn in a little). When asked I always say "He's mama's mutt' with a happy smile. As for his traits - he's got lots of energy, loves to swim and chases after lizards and squirrels and is very stubborn when it comes to training. Everyone makes a comment about his coat and eye color - I may be biased, but they are both beautiful and can only agree :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Luke is half golden retriever and half lab, we got him from and "opps" litter. From what I know about both breeds, his personality his almost all Golden and his build seems to be more Golden (longer, leaner) but his coat is more lab type. Luke is 2 years old now and about 70 lbs.

Puppy Luke, about 4 months.

And 2 year old Luke.

Zoey is 10 months old, barely 40 lbs and we adopted her in February from the local humane society. She was a transport from Mississippi and labeled a Plott Hound mix. She had one litter mate who looks just like her but slightly bigger (male). I can see the hound in her at times, but have trouble pinpointing what else may be there. Vet said hound/retriever. She does love the water and will retrieve from the water all day long. Any guess on her mix are welcome!

Adoption picture at about 5 months

Between 7-8 months or so.

Both dogs laying in the sun.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Julie, I definitely see Italian greyhound and terrier in her. And her ears definitely look sheltie-ish. It's fun that you have at least a general idea of what mom was like.

Sydney is an unknown mix. She weighs around 20 pounds. She was listed at the rescue as beagle/aussie, but that doesn't seem correct. We're thinking she's got a fair amount of terrier (probably RT or JR) and beagle in her. People suggest ACD a lot, but that seems unlikely to me based on her temperament. You never can tell, though! Anyone's welcome to guess on her breeds as well. :)

I definitely see Terrier in Sydney. Our girls have similar tails and eyes. I'd LOVE to know where the tail comes from, LOL. Molly used to have a lot more black along the top of hers but it seems to be going away.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
This is Lloyd, he is 5 years old. No idea on breed mix, everyone has a different guess lol. He is usually around 65 pounds, in shape.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts