Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here as well as a new dog owner. My min. poodle mix, 8-month old puppy, Chloe was recently spayed (plus had her umbilical hernia removed) on Tuesday and has been acting unlike herself.

Usually people have there puppy back to normal two to three days after, but she has has been acting a little aloof since her surgery. I know like humans, every puppy has a different heal time, but I'm still worried.

She has not pooped since her surgery (looking around forum canned pumpkin may help) and tends to just rest with sporadic movements such as digging, jumping and resting again from one place to the other which is unusual.

While checking on her incision I briefly noticed a hard clearish-yellow substance on the tip of where she pees. For sure this was only there after her spaying. Unfortunately, I can't get a clear view of what it looks like because she keeps moving away from me when I to take a better look.

Is her behavior common after spaying? Is there anything I should worry about? I plan on taking her to the vet this weekend but quick responses here would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
801 Posts
My puppy was a velcro dog before she got spayed but afterwards she was even clingier. The pain pills she was on for 3 days afterwards made her tired so she rested a lot. After that she was back to her playful self, just clingier. Of course the cone of shame she had to wear drove both of us nuts. Once her incision started healing it was kind of crusty and yellow like you describe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts