Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rosco had a cryptorchid neuter done the Friday before last. He had an incision in his abdomen (right next to his doodle) and it healed like a charm. He had his stitches removed this past Monday. The day before taking him to the vet for his stitches (Sunday) I noticed a golf ball (maybe a bit bigger) sized lump on the opposite side of his doodle (not the stitched area). The vet tech said that was because he was too active during his down time, and it would go away. The next day it seemed to be the size of a childs fist. Today it isn't any bigger, but isn't any smaller either. I called the vet and they said it should go away in a few days, or I can just bring him in and they'll look at it again if I want. I'm hesitant to bring him in just yet as he gets SO stressed out there, but I'm starting to worry. He acts fine! Anyone have any experience with this?

I've been playing the waiting game but if it's not improved by Friday I'm bringing him in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,415 Posts
Is the incision red, or leaking any fluid?

Have you taken his temp, to rule out infection?

Is he eating normally? Drinking? Pooping/peeing?

Is the lump warm/hot to the touch?

If everything seems fine, and it doesn't get larger then I would listen to the vet, and just give it time. If any of the above aren't normal, or he has a temp, heat, etc, then I would be going to the vet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
Personaly I'd have the vet take a quick peak at it since they offered. You may also want to ask them about using a warm compress on it since his stitches are already out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.
Spottednikes, no fever, no redness etc. He's eating fine and seems quite well, it just looks so uncomfortable but he doesn't seem to notice and hewants life to go on as usual.

I just took him to the vet and they said it's seroma and I have to keep him inactive, which is so hard. They said they could drain it but that runs the risk of infection and it will just refill. I'm just gonna have to keep him down for a few days.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top