Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to post a picture to the puppy thread and got a message that my thread was in moderation. My picture still hasn't appeared (over 24 hours) and I'm not able to post anything else to that thread, though other threads are fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
A post with a link or photos is likely to get pended for moderation. Unless someone PMs one of the moderators, or we just happen to stumble across the post, we won't know and it will sit there forever.

it's best to PM one of the moderators when that happens. I've approved the post in question.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Good to know for the future.

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
The alternative is for anything with a picture or link, post the post without and then edit the photo in. That gets through roughly 100% of the time and saves the mods work/waiting on mods to appear.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Yeah, I really hate this, every time I try to post links to places like Chewy, I get moderated! Can we do away with that, please? that never used to happen and its really irritating when I am trying to give someone suggestions on toys or chews.

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
Yeah, I really hate this, every time I try to post links to places like Chewy, I get moderated! Can we do away with that, please? that never used to happen and its really irritating when I am trying to give someone suggestions on toys or chews.
It's not going anywhere, and if it does happen, all you have to do is pm a mod and we will happily approve the post.

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
It's a nuisance, for sure. But prior to the new filters. I would spend two hours/day deleting spam. Moderator burn-out was one of the reasons I took a sabbatical from the forum. Now I delete maybe three posts a week and release about an equal number of moderated posts.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Go to the top of the page.
Click "quick links."
Click "show forum moderators."

This is a basic BB feature and has been for ages.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do (now) "today." So I will bookmark you. Wow, where is your patience. I've been a MOD in another situation for 2.5 years and never even had to delete anybody. People are only trying to learn!!

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
I do (now) "today." So I will bookmark you. Wow, where is your patience. I've been a MOD in another situation for 2.5 years and never even had to delete anybody. People are only trying to learn!!
Accusing mods of conspiring to deny you the ability to post generally isn’t a good way to start off on the right foot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why don't we start all over:
I apologize to you directly and to all who took offense at my insinuation.
I was wrong.
I was unjustified in being suspicious.
I have not been understanding about how much pressure the MODs are under to monitor the site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts