Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
A few weeks ago I posted about my dog Nala and my difficulties in keeping her crated while she healed from a back leg fracture.
Well, she's healed!:whoo:
But now I have questions about post crating.
The vet tech rules were, she can walk around the house, but no running and jumping for a while. Walks should begin at 5 minutes, and build up from there.
The running and jumping is my greatest struggle, as that is all that Nala is made of! She gallops everywhere, I don't think she's ever kept a slow pace for more than 2 minutes, and when one of us comes home from work, all bets are off with the jumping in all of her excitement.
So here are my questions:
How did you know when it was okay for your dog to start running/jumping again?
Am I being too overprotective? (Every step she takes makes me CRINGE. She's not very graceful when she lays down, she kind of just lets herself thud to the ground, and I swear my life gets shortened by 1 year every time lol. I'm on her 24/7, never more than 5 feet away and I just want to get to that point in our lives again where I can be in a room seperate from her and have my only worry be that she may have gotten into the trash again.):help:

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I would ask the vet and get as direct an answer as you can. A lot of it depends on the type of break, the age of the dog, how it healed, etc. So one person's experience may be very different from yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts