Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3-year-old American Bulldog is pregnant with her first litter and I'm excited. This is also my first time having a pregnant dog so I may be paranoid. Some of her nipples seem abnormally large. Not so much saggy yet, but really large and sensitive. I know that her nipples are supposed to get larger but about three or four of them are about the size of a quarter. Is this something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my girlfriend is a vet tech and she says it should be fine. She's never bred dogs, though. She's seen plenty of pregnant dogs, but hasn't raised any. I took my dog to the vet when the pregnancy was just starting to show and everything was fine but then this came up so I am a little worried but like I said, I could just be paranoid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a mentor. I do have a friend who breeds boxers so I think I'll giver her a call. She's in good health. She had some skin problems when she was a puppy but I took care of that and since then she's been the pinnacle of health. I decided to breed her mainly because she has several good traits and I plan on keeping one of the pups for myself and selling the rest. She's very good natured, loving, very smart. I'm probably biased because she's my baby :). Thanks for the advice. Like I said, I'm probably just being paranoid and over protective and all that stuff but better safe than sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts