Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know how this sounds and NO I didn't plan on getting any more animals, I planned on waiting until I got the rough collie puppy. But my friend from FB *who also volunteers in bunny rescues* has a friend who just rescued 3 stray mini-rex babies. They are about 4 months old. All of the rescues around them are full and can't take them and the friend can't take them and my FB friend is also at her limit with 8 bunnies. So of course I can't help but offer, IF my SO says yes, a home for one of the bunnies :doh: >.> not that I wouldn't LOVE another bunny I do and can afford to do so *it's only an extra approximately $20/month*

My SO is still deciding I'm sure he'll say no but it's a possibility, also I asked around at work *people I trust and think could handle a young bunny* and if they say yes then I found the other 2 bunnies homes as well. So if all goes well they will all have a home, if my SO says no then they only have to find a home for 1 which is a LOT better than trying to find a home for 3. I'm going to post pictures on here just for some cuteness factor :D

No they don't have red eyes it's just the photos, the one I want is the light brown one which is a boy and one of the black ones is a boy and the other black one is a girl. 11935221_10100655710962226_7835721459014804212_o.jpg 11230678_10100655711062026_5519064615330861978_o.jpg 11147102_10100655711136876_7597157786609879437_o.jpg 11942330_10100655711017116_1912982167814018464_o.jpg 10850113_10100655710892366_5138262685312645017_n.jpg

Also it doesn't hurt to have a couple back up homes if anyone is interested

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol are you suppose to ask first lol lol lol

rabbits are so sweet...
Yes I asked my SO, since we both didn't plan on adding another pet :) lol some rabbits are sweet like my holland lop others like my rex are well grumpy at least to us *the rex loves the holland lop though

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Oh it was just a tease.. ( :) ))) DH will be home this fall so I have the new starter flock of sheep coming in the spring by the next time DH is back in a year not sure he picks up on the little details.. lol lol lol lol lol ..

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it was a tease :) so update, there is one bunny available my friend said no for sure. It would be one of the black ones

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
You should get the girl :D. I've heard that 2 boy 1 girl groups are ideal for altered buns. Of course a spay does cost more though. . .

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would def be the boy...girl bunnies are very bossy lol

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Aw! Hope you keep one!
I hope so too, trust me you guys will be the first to know

ETA: I don't know if this is a good sign or not but we agreed on a name for the bunny if we get him, he will be named Ryuk *if anyone watches Deathnote the anime*

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I hope so too, trust me you guys will be the first to know

ETA: I don't know if this is a good sign or not but we agreed on a name for the bunny if we get him, he will be named Ryuk *if anyone watches Deathnote the anime*
Hahaha how many animals that were actually 'food' animals do you think turned in to pets because they were named? :p

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha how many animals that were actually 'food' animals do you think turned in to pets because they were named? :p
No >.> I honestly don't know if we're gonna get him or not though my SO says things sometimes like "You know I love bunnies and this one is really cute" and then he'll say "You know that you told me that Gamgee was going to be the last bunny, how do I know if after we get this bunny that you won't try to get another bunny if this happens again?" or "This is extra money that we didn't plan on spending and it's another animal that we didn't plan on" it's like he WANTS the bunny and he doesn't at the same time and it gets really confusing. He's really hard to read :(

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
He sounds like he wants it but he's trying to be the 'responsible mature adult logical' one, which yeah is hard. My SO said the same things before getting Sterling when I was really needing a pet and I was like "but I could have dog AND a cat AND something else!"

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He sounds like he wants it but he's trying to be the 'responsible mature adult logical' one, which yeah is hard. My SO said the same things before getting Sterling when I was really needing a pet and I was like "but I could have dog AND a cat AND something else!"
Exactly, that's why I don't think he's going to say yes because he is the one that is really responsible

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
my SO said yes to the bunny, in fact he knew after the first day that he was gonna say yes but he's been torturing me for the last couple days :) so when I get him I will have lots of pictures

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't wait to get him :grinning: maybe 2 weeks or so and yes he is very sneaky lol. I'm feeling like a failure though because the other person that was gonna take a bunny said no because they have a beagle that they use to hunt rabbits and they didn't think it'd be safe so both the black bunnies need homes

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I think they already did, do you want the girl fourdogs? She's still available

ETA: confirmed that they separated the female :) and no she's not pregnant

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would so raise rabbits, but my wife is at her animal limit with our current zoo of 2 cats and a dog. I REALLY like that black coloring on that rabbit, very pretty.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts