Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday early afternoon 10 week old Casper started peeing about every 30 minutes or so. We've had him for two weeks now and he was usually going every 1-2 hours and he was getting pretty good about going in his designated spot. He also had mushy stools yesterday and overnight. Not watery just really soft. This morning he woke up crying/whining at 5am and when I went downstairs there was a lot of pee and 1 mushy poop in the laundry room floor where he is gated off for overnight. In one hour he has 2 accidents, one was in his crate while I cleaned the laundry room. When the kids woke up and came down, he was asleep by my feet. When he sees them he always gets pretty excited and wants to play but my son picked him up and put him on the sofa and he just laid down and went to sleep where he is now. We have a vet appt at 9:30 (it's 7am here) for his second round of vaccinations. Could this be a uti or maybe another type of virus?

He woke now but he feels warm to the touch on his belly area. Maybe a fever? He hasn't been around any other dogs and hasn't been for walks outside in public. We took him to blockbuster yesterday with us (for a car ride) but I carried him inside and he didn't touch anything there.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I WOULD BE AT THE VETS RIGHT NOW. Get a PARVO TEST. DO NOT get any more vaccines while your puppy is not feeling well. Lethargy fever and loose stool would have me terrified with a puppy this age.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok we just got back. After I posted about this additional part of him being asleep, he woke up and he was acting just like his playful puppy self. The vet checked for giardia and worms. They took his temp but no fever and no worms or giardia. He believes that he has a stomach virus, hence the diarreah. They gave him an antibiotic shot and a probiotic. They also gave him a 3 day medication for the diarreah and 7 days worth of probiotics. We didn't get the vaccines today and will get those on Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts