Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are moving home to newfoundland in about 3 weeks (so excited!) and we are going to get iorek a sibling. i just found this doggy on the spca website closest to where we will be living. i know it is a little early to be looking but i can't help it :eek:

exploits valley spca

you have to choose crazy canines on the left hand side and then scroll down the page and she is the second dog listed. her name is kilo (but will most likely be changed to lyra if we get her). she looks so sad in the picture. i emailed them already (ok, WAY to excited) and she is a "gentle soul" according to them and they said that she would love a doggy friend to play with. she is not spayed yet but we will get that done. they are not sure how she is with cats but they said they can test her with the shelter cats. i am not sure if she will still be there when we get there but if she is she may be coming home with us!!

now, i just have to tell my husband... :D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What a sweetie:D.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I hope hubby feels the same as you. She seems like a nice dog and I sure hope she finds some happiness soon. If she is gone would you consider one of the other pups?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Awww she looks so sweet! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and I think the name Lyra would suit her beautifully!

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys! :)

my husband is on the same page with me about a dog so there is no problem there, he just didn't know that i found a possible pup!

if she is gone when we get home we will choose the best fit from whatever is there :) there are a bunch of shelters on the island and we will drive to where ever we have to to get the right doggy :) we want a doggy that is around the same size as iorek (50 lbs) or bigger and around the same age. i would probably go as high as 3 years old, but i don't want to go much older than that. iorek is VERY high energy and i need a dog that will keep up. i would prefer a male but as you can see i don't really care :)

i will keep you all posted when we figure out exactly what is going to happen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts