Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We sometimes experience a sort of "panic attack" from our pup....
He just starts running around back and forth and round and jumps up at us gnawing ( unstoppable). It doesn't look like play

What the heck is this ?

thx

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Sounds like the zoomies. Alot of dogs will start running in circles, darting and dashing back and forth. They often do it to release pent-up energy and as a stress reliever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my baby does this when shess been in the house for a while and we finally let her out. It looks like shes out of control, but I think it's just pent up energy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your responses !

I think that's what it is also as he seems to do it when bored for a while abut very random . Pretty scary as he seems possessed and reckless towards us :)

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Zoomies are very common and often occur out of the blue. Yes, it can be scary if you don't know what's going on. When My dogs start this I tell them to 'take it outside' and htey are then free to zoom around to until they collapse from exhaustion! ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah he definitely zooms around without cause and really funny to watch, then followed by a collapse :)
The first time we thought he was going crazy on us and If you try to stop it he will try to gnaw at your hand in anger :) ( like leave me alone i'm the exorcist )

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
With little dogs its really funny...once the dogs are over 100 pounds...it's not so funny anymore especially if they like to ram in to you!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I always called it the"puppy crazies"-- and thought it was normal for puppies. I have never had an adult do it--maybe we are not talking about the same thing -they just start running around like little maniacs for about 5-10 minutes and then they stop--- and usually go to sleep-used to happen here about 8:00 every night

1 - 9 of 9 Posts