Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well new member here, been lurking for a while and here is a pic of my weimaraner Rudi

heres a quick rundown of whats been going on

he developed a demodex mite outbreak a few months ago
currently on promeris (which seems to be going good)

then he got a rash/bacterial infection or something on his belly. and the vet thinks a food allergy, so she gave us some antibiotics and had us try Hills Science Precription z/d food for the last couple of weeks

rash has cleared up (im guessing due to the antibiotics) but id like to put him on different food and im looking for suggestions

He was on eagle pack large breed. Which i guess still has lots of grains, as does the Holistic select eagle pack.

The local pet store has some natural balence limited ingredients food. Anyone use that?

Im open to suggestions, thanks!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Try California Natural. They have limited ingredient and is formulated for dogs that have food allergies.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
A tech I work with has a scottie who has severe allergies he is on the natural balance limited ingredients and is doing great.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I would suggest a food that has a protein source that he's never had before like venison, fish or duck. Natural Balance has a Limited Ingredient line, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would suggest a food that has a protein source that he's never had before like venison, fish or duck. Natural Balance has a Limited Ingredient line, too.

ya the options they had for natural balence were the venison and the duck

perhaps ill give that a shot

Im in NM as well:D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Be careful on the duck because someone here posted that they changed their duck meal and it made their dog sick. My dogs are on the venison and doing really well, but I'm switching to raw next week.

Im in NM as well:D
Cool! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts