Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here. :)

I have a 7 year old Cairn. He is neutered and has been a wonderful addition to our family. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old. We recently got a Glen of Imaal puppy. She is 14 weeks old now.

The Cairn is pretty much uninterested in playing with anyone but especially not interesting in the Glen. The Glen (puppy) pretty much leaves the Cairn alone but they often want the toy that the other one has. Just like my kids when they were little. lol. The Cairn will take the opportunity to steel the toy from the Glen when he can. She will just bark at him while he growls loudly.

Mostly it is just annoying to everyone in the house because of the noise. I wish they would play more but the Cairn is just uninterested in playing. He just wants whatever toy she has and he will take it from her.

Should I be concerned?

I suspect that, the Glen being a Glen, she will end up being the dominate dog. But because of her current size she can't bully the Cairn yet.

Glen's are not known for their incessant barking like Cairns are but she will not stop when she wants the toy he has. Is there something I should do or just let them work it out themselves?

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts