Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our puppy is 3.5 mo old and teething big time. I started out giving her rawhide before I read how bad that is. Now, I've thrown them all away. She LOVED them, though. Are PorkChomps a safe alternative? Of course, their company says they are, but I'd like an independent study/opinion.

We haven't tried raw bones yet, but I guess we may soon. I'd honestly not go that route, but I'll do it if we need to.

She does have the blue nubby Nylabone and likes it, but not nearly as much as she liked the rawhide. She's indifferent to her kongs, but I haven't tried stuffing them yet--gets loose stools from almost all things not her dog food.

So, I thought I'd give PorkChomps a try if they're safer than rawhide, but I'm skeptical. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Bully sticks are a dogs best friend! You can try those, she'll probably love them more than rawhide!

Any raw bones are pretty much safe to give, as long as they can't just swallow them whole, no cooked though.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If you're looking for something to give the puppy to chew on without having them actually ingesting anything ... try nylabone or kong products. They provide all the chewing a teething puppy needs.

You can also take a braided rope toy, soak it, freeze it and give it to your puppy to chew on. The cold helps with teething pain.

Also, plain marrow bones or antlers are great for teething pups.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm going to second Bully Sticks. Our puppy is around the same age and she LOVES her Bully Stick. They are healthy for dog and keeps them occupied for hours on end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts